What is our Superfood 65 range about and what are its special benefits? Let us introduce you to our 3 Superfood 65 recipes. We'll also reveal the reason behind the triangle-shaped kibble...
What is MyPetSays Superfood 65 range?
The aim was to develop a premium range containing a higher amount of freshly prepared animal protein as well as ingredients with targeted benefits. This is the concept behind Superfood 65.
Each of the 3 recipes contains 35% freshly prepared animal ingredients which are highly digestible and provide a natural source of collagen. To read more about the multiple benefits of collagen, head over to this blog post.
The recipes have also been formulated without Peas and White Potato to avoid upsetting any tummies.
What are the benefits of Superfood 65?
First and foremost, the high nutritional quality of the range comes from the unique Freshtrusion™ technology trademarked by our expert manufacturer.
Freshtrusion™ technology allows to cook the meat at a gentle 90 C temperature to preserve the freshness and protect the proteins. It also allows for more fresh ingredients to be used in dry pet foods than any other extrusion system, including fresh meat and now fresh vegetables, herbs and ‘botanicals’.
As a result, not only our Superfood 65 recipes are rich in high-quality protein but they're also full of micronutrients such as vitamins and minerals. There is 65% total Beef, Salmon or Duck in each of our Superfood 65 recipes of which 35% is freshly prepared. Each recipe also includes a blend of five superfoods picked for their nutritional properties.
What are the Superfood 65 recipes?
This recipe contains a minimum of 35% freshly prepared Duck and 65% total Duck. It also contains the following superfoods:
- Parsnip: Source of Vitamin B3 essential to give your dog enough energy.
- Beetroot: Source of dietary fibre for optimal digestion.
- Orange: Source of Vitamin C known for its antioxidant properties, supporting the immune system.
- Asparagus: Source of Iron to support normal functions of the circulatory system.
- Pumpkin: Source of Vitamin A to maintain healthy vision.
This recipe contains a minimum of 35% freshly prepared delicious Beef and is made of 65% total Beef. The superfoods that complete the recipe are:
- Carrot: Source of Vitamin A to maintain healthy vision.
- Green Beans: Source of Iron to support normal functions of the circulatory system.
- Cauliflower: Source of Vitamin B9 to metabolise amino acids.
- Tomato: Source of dietary fibre for optimal digestion.
- Courgette: Source of Vitamin B3 which helps metabolise the macronutrients.
Your pooch will enjoy the tasty flavour of 35% freshly prepared Salmon (65% total Salmon), paired with the following superfoods:
- Dill: Source of Vitamin C, essential for collagen synthesis and immune health.
- Spinach & Asparagus: Sources of Iron to support normal functions of the circulatory system.
- Fennel: Source of Calcium for healthy bones and teeth.
- Tomato: Source of dietary fibre and potassium (for nerve and muscle functions).
Why a triangle-shaped kibble?
The triangle kibble represents the nutrient pyramid which includes everything dogs need in their diet to stay healthy.
Water is the base of the pyramid. It is essential for hydration and for carrying nutrients around the body.
Protein is the second layer of foundation. It's key to building skin cells & muscle tissue, creating hormones and enzymes...
Then come the carbohydrates providing energy. Fats are next. Not only they provide energy and fatty acids but they improve the palatability of the kibble.
Finally, the top of the pyramid is made of fibre, vitamins and minerals which are all essential in sufficient amounts for overall health and wellbeing.