What is grain free dog food and what are the benefits for your dog? Let's dive in!
What is grain free dog food?
Grain free dog food is simply food that doesn't contain any grains such as wheat or rice. The main source of carbohydrates will then be sweet potato or potato.
Grain free dog food is suitable for dogs who don't digest grains really well but there are plenty of other benefits to feeding them a grain-free diet!
What are the benefits of grain free dog food?
If your dog suffer from allergies, intolerances or simply has sensitive digestion, your vet might recommend a grain-free diet, which will most likely agree with their stomach.
Grain free recipes tend to be lower in carbohydrates which can help maintain your dog's weight.
Some dogs seem to thrive more when their energy comes from complex carbs such as sweet potato, which can be easier to break down and absorb.
Added benefits of MyPetSays grain free dog food
Most of our recipes across all our ranges, including grain-free, contain the following elements:
- Added omega 3 for shinier skin and coat
- Prebiotics to facilitate digestion
- Joint care pack to help support cartilage around the joints
- No Added Artificial Colours & Preservatives
Our best-selling grain free dog food recipes:
- Adult grain free chicken, sweet potato and herb
- Puppy grain free salmon, haddock, blue whiting, sweet potato and asparagus
- Senior grain free turkey, sweet potato and cranberry
Discover all our grain free recipes here!